With more than 40 different species of termites in the United States, these home-harming pests can wreak havoc on your property, especially during mating season. Get help eradicating termites and protect your home with expert help from Acworth’s premier pest control team – Healthy Home Termite & Pest Control. We have the word “termite” in our name because we’ve spent years helping families all around the metro Atlanta and North Georgia area reclaim and protect their homes from these pests. Give us a call today at 770-505-9040 to get started!
Termites Common in Acworth, GA
Termites are small insects anywhere between ¼ and ½ inch long with soft bodies and straight antennae, ranging from white to brown. Reproducing termites will also have two pairs of wings that allow them to swarm and mate. Termites consume cellulose-based plant materials and feed quietly and quickly on the wood in and around your home. Because they can feast on trim, siding, and framing, getting rid of termites quickly is crucial to the care and structural integrity of your home.
Signs of Termites in Acworth, GA Homes
You may not see signs of termite damage immediately, but there are subtle signs that can indicate you have a pest problem. If you see any of the following signs, give us a call and we’ll send a team member out to inspect your property.
- Dust Near Bottom of Your Wall. Finding dark dust (like pepper) on or around your baseboards can be a sign of termites, especially if it’s mixed with wood shavings or dust.
- Damaged Wood Trim. If you’ve previously had intact wood trim and find faint lines that are multidirectional (like a maze), you may have termites causing damage to your trim.
- Wall Sounds Hollow. This can be tricky to test, since your walls may sound hollow in between wood framing. If you have a stud finder, search along your wall and knock on the wall where you know the studs are. If you’re still hearing hollow sounds along the wall where you suspect termites, you may have a termite infestation.
- Wall Paint is Bubbling or Flaking. This can be a sign that you have termites because these pests need moisture to thrive. The moisture they bring in can cause cracks, bubbling, or paint flaking.
- Small Pinholes. Termites need a way in and out of walls, so look for tiny pinholes in your drywall. These pinholes are an early sign of termites, so if you see these in your home, it’s a great time to call the experts.
How to Get Rid of Termites in Acworth, GA
If you want to get rid of termites fast, call Healthy Home Termite and Pest Control. We have helped Acworth families rid their homes of termites and pests since 1997. Our experienced and committed team offers personalized service for every customer. We don’t just act offensively, but we also act defensively, creating an advanced Perimeter Defense Barrier to prevent future pest invasions.
Your home is a big investment. Protect your home investment today and give us a call at 770-505-9040.